Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I do.....


Last month I was in Texas, alone at a fancy resort on a work trip. I had to stay at the resort since every hotel downtown was full which is why I got so cozy with cab drivers. Nonetheless, I was pretty bummed because I was in this amazing place alone so I figured I really couldn't have the experience that is traditionally intended for resort-goers. Anyway on my last night there I got done early at work, went back to the hotel and decided to have a honeymoon for myself.
And I gotta say it is something that EVERY girl should do. I hiked the trail, went for an evening swim, walked the grounds, took an hour-long bubble bath, ordered room service, watched a Sandra Bullock movie and walked around naked the whole night. I did talk to my boyfriend for about 15 minutes but other than than it was all me. By the end of the night I had rejuvenated my love for myself.It was awesome and I could have done that a few more days. I highly recommend a solo vacay. My brother has done a ton and I always thought he was crazy and quite frankly a little weird, but I am down with it now. I am going to end the story right there because I don't want to go into how the feeling of bliss with myself was short-lived...how I missed my plane the next morning and how I was unable to get on a flight for the rest of the day. I am not going to tell you how the following night I was staying in a motel room that made me want to anti-bacterial-ize myself every two seconds, or how when I got on a plane the next day the right engine was on the fritz and we had to get off. I will spare you the story of how I had to get in a cab, along with three yuppies, and drive to Austin and then fly to Atlanta in order to get back. Telling you that getting back took two days and visits to four different airports in 14 hours would probably ruin the feeling of bliss during my self-honeymoon that I am trying to portray here. So I'll just end the story there.

6 comments:

Joe said...

My most sincere, heartfelt and jubilant (trifecta) congratulations on your honeymoon. I'm obviously very happy for you that you could stay in a fancy-pants place like that, but a well of jealousy is springing up within me — a well I will quench by rejuvenating my love for myself.

Sorry your flights sucked.

doug said...

Haha - I was going to write a post on my awful weekend of travel (who knows, I still might) - but now I'm thinking yours will give mine a run for its money.

As for solo vacay, I wholeheartedly agree. I've never REALLY done it, at least not officially a vacation, but I've traveled alone a lot and really, really love it.

Kyle said...

I could not be happier about that picture of you in your bathrobe. It may even rival the one of your drowning in your cleavage on the couch.

Ted and Amanda said...

Walked around naken huh? :) its one of my favorite things to do too! I did it all the time before you moved in with me...

Unknown said...

Erin, didn't we have a confidentiality agreement about that picture?? Even speaking about it?

amelia said...

Dang, I'm seconding Erin - your boobs look great. I am also trying to hard to not make a phone sex joke regarding the "about 15 minute" phone call with Loa, but I will resist.

I want one of these vacations! Except I can't handle sleeping in a hotel room alone...I've seen one too many horror movies!