Friday, February 4, 2011
"Ah know, but ah luvem daddy!"
I am sick with one gnarly cold. Nothing new for this glorious winter of super-viruses, but today I had only the energy to watch a Teen Mom 2 marathon. I am obsessed with that show - no idea why. Maybe because raw stupidity is entertaining. Maybe because the small town hair-dos and poor grammar takes me back to my years in high school living in Idaho, or maybe, when I am feeling down in the dumps, it's a reminder that it can always get worse. Who knows. But here are some take-aways from today's six-hour marathon.
- Lip studs only look like mutant moles. No exception
- Chewing tobacco is beyond sick and I am baffled that people still do it.
- When teens chew tobacco it makes me sad. Then angry. Then sad again.
- If your hair is curly, but you straighten a bang or two in the front.... we can still see it's curly. And if you meant to do that, well, then that just makes me sad...again.
- If you are going to cry on network television, make sure you don't cry ugly.
- If they established "You can't change him" classes for girls in high school, it would sidestep a lot of laughable stupidity. Then again, the "wrap it up" class obviously didn't do that much good so...
- If you send douchy text messages or say douchy things, they are going to look at least 4.25 times more douchy on network television. Maybe show some restraint.