Tuesday, February 7, 2012

The best weapon is the one you never have to fire

On Saturday life partner, one of the most laid back men I have ever met, and I decided to hit the cinema. We saw Chronicle - I give it a C+ if you were wondering. Anyway as we were trying to get out of the parking lot we ran into some inconsiderate pedestrians that J could not deal with. It was a couple that was walking down the middle of the road, blocking cars from going past them. We were right behind them following them at a snails pace waiting for them to move to the side so traffic could get going. Though J is seriously the most patient person I have ever met in my life, when it comes to waiting on computers (things to load, download etc) and traffic he doesn't have a lot of tolerance. And with the two traffic-blocking idiots that night, whatever patience he did have was worn through. He gave them what I like to call a "courtesy honk," letting them know that they were holding things up. But instead of looking back and then moving to the side the guy turned around and glared at J. He just stood there with this crusty on his face for like five seconds and then J yelled "MOOOOVE!!" That was all it took for the idiot to start walking toward the car, ready to start something. Now I have been in this situation before with past beaus of more volatile natures. It usually doesn't end well - often with blood and sometimes cops - and at this point my heart would be pounding out of my chest. But that night I was hardly worried. We were in my car and it was dark so the idiot couldn't see what he was about to go up against. I let him walk a little closer to the car, looking tough and calling us out, before I opened my door. The car light went on and he saw that behind the wheel of this tiny car was actually a 6'6," 330 lb. Samoan. I calmly said to him, "Please move on, you don't want this." He quickly did an about face, cursing us under his breath to his lady and bounced. No blood, no threatening words, no confrontation. Just a light. Smart dude.

1 comment:

amy said...

that is awesome. i love it.