Friday, October 5, 2012

Escuela


Well I've gone done and did it. I'm back in school. Sure I applied and was accepted earlier this summer. But I can't say I actually saw myself going through with it. In fact it wasn't until last week, after my first month of school that it really sank in that I was indeed doing this.

So that's my excuse for not blogging, lately or reading anything interesting. (BTW I did finish Miral and I give it an "Eh")

I was going to write post about my decision to go to school and how I was feeling about it blah blah. But the truth is there was never really any true epiphany that prompted it. I have always kind of felt like a slacker for not pursuing a master's degree and have been eyeing MPA programs for the last four years. So when one of my work friends invited me to go to some open house for the BYU MPA program in Salt Lake, I decided to check it out. I went, it sounded good, one thing led to another and I applied. I then changed my mind a few times, while Steph, who had been through that same program, kept nudging. I got accepted, went through the motions thinking we'll see how long this charade lasts. Then bam, what do ya know?! In school.

I won't bore you with all the details but so far so good. It's interesting, I'm learning a lot and it hasn't buried me.....yet. I often feel like a fly in the milk, though I suppose it's to be expected when most of my class is from Provo/UTCo. And you better believe I have stories for days. But lets get one thing clear. I am not, nor ever will be a "Cougar." My program happens to be run through a Salt Lake arm within the BYU institution. That is it and that is all.  So call me estudiante for the next few years, and feel free to lie to me about how time flies on a regular basis. 'Preciate it.

1 comment:

saintlai said...

Congrats! Celebratory catch up is def in order. Let me know when you're free.