Monday, October 8, 2012

Sticky situation....


I will be voting for Obama. I don't carry the oddly common tendency to keep who you are voting for secret (I am looking at you middle-aged Idahoans), and I don't care if the world knows who I am supporting. Living in Utah, where it is pretty much politically homogenous (though LDS Dems are making a valiant effort) it's always refreshing to see an Obama bumper sticker, not only because of my own political stance, but because it gives me the illusion of living in a diverse state - I kinda feel the same way when I see a black person in Orem.

That said I have a dilemma of hypocrisy. I too will soon have an Obama bumper sticker on my hands. But here's the thing, I don't do bumper stickers. I think they are kind of tacky and I don't believe Abigale would wear it well. So while I so so appreciate seeing the sticker/magnet on other cars, I am not willing to do it in kind.

BUT.....

I might be willing, if pressed, to sport this one during the Halloween season.....


Someone get me one.

2 comments:

Braden said...

Bahahahaha "illusions of living In a diverse state!" love it!!

Leen said...

Well, in bountiful I saw a homeless black guy who held a sign that said SMILE and he had no teeth so that has got to be the equivalence of inner city chicago or something.