Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Last words from the Samsungs

So I was on T-mobile.com the other day, something I try to avoid since international calls on a whim have wreaked havoc on my phone bill, and I ran across a little time capsule. I have been a loyal T-mobile customer since 2001 - a fact, I am told when I call them, that they appreciate. And I, in turn, appreciate that acknowledgment so much that it is one of my top reasons for not switching services. So anyway I went to this button that said "my album" and all these random pictures came up that were taken from phones past (I have probably been through like 10 phones in the last five years thanks to shallow pockets, washing machines and boyfriends). Apparently some of the pictures taken with my phones were sent to this album, and they brought back a lot of fond memories. Okay maybe not fond but pleasant. If you are some of the people in these photos that would object to having them posted despite how funny it is, be a good sport....I think you know who you are...

A house dress that was a gift from a family member who apparently thought a) I wore housedresses and b) thought I weighed 582 lbs. They probably could have fit yet another person in there. Thanks for modeling Court, Jen

The plant I kept alive the longest - bought it back in '04...it only died because I kept it outside during the winter of '07

My mom chillin on the patio after I first moved into my house

My purple room in the condo. My want-to-have-a-purple-princess-room phase hit a little late.

If I recall correctly I was supposed to be flying to Atlanta and I took a large dose of Dramamine before I went to the airport, but then opted to take a later flight since it was over-sold. Nonetheless the pills kicked in and I was out. I think Courtney, who brought me back from the airport, wanted to document my "erroneous drug use." But excuuuuussse me for not wanting to be conscious for the five hours I am forced to breath someone else's air. Plus I stick to my assertion that 7 out of 10 airplane cabins have a faint and subtle smell of poo.

Dinner with Doug and the girls somewhere.

No comment


The San Antonio Riverwalk on my first business trip/honeymoon with myself

Baby brother before he lost his baby fat and became a bean pole

Ange and I at Dee's after clubbin back in the day. We would probably break a hip now....holla

Loa back when he was popped collar cool

6 comments:

WendyL said...

This is a great post...ahhh, the past!

amelia said...

Ha! Do you remember when myself and a pregnant Erin also modeled that "house dress"? AWESOME. And that picture of Doug is totally at my house! DOUG I MISS YOU!

tisa's-tidbitz :) said...

Hi Tiffany,

I'm back to blogger land. It was so good to see you on here. Yeah, what is up with the house dress? Too funny!! Love your room. I just took care of Nisi's baby girl today for a couple of hours and saw Tori this past wkend for the blessing. Take care and I'll be droppin' by again!

doug said...

I'm kind of sad that I appear on your blog with a "I'm so bored and too cool for this situation" look on my face. Where's the ball of joy and laughter we all know me to be?

And how is it that in so short a time I have aged about 15 years? If you had any idea how old I look these days...

Sita, Shalie, Kalia, and Vili said...

I hope this doesn't come across as creepy, but I am Mele Pikula's best friend. She has talked about you before and so I checked out your blog. You are such a great writer. I love reading your blog. The story about the river trip almost brought me to tears. hahaha

Unknown said...

haha ya...I think I ended up gifting that housedress to Erin because she looked so hot in it...