Thursday, April 8, 2010

The power of a tune

So this morning has been a bit ho hum. Most of my co-workers are gone and I am just doing some office work stuff and kind of dragging. I had my iTunes on shuffle and I was skipping most of the songs because since my other laptop was stolen I don't have play lists anymore. Anyway I was about to fall out of my chair from lethargy and lack of motivation when I heard the riffs of the beginning of this song. I was instantly energized and wanted to go for a jog, do some somersaults, write a novel, clean my workspace and generally be productive. The thing is, for you non-Rent fans, the song itself is about a guy wanting to write a good song before he dies of AIDS that his girlfriend gave him before she killed herself. Not sure what that says about me. Not sure I want to know. But thanks Roger. You made my morning.

2 comments:

PrincessAnna said...

I miss you Tiffany.

amelia said...

I AM HONORED.

And love "Rent" - thanks for sharing this one!