I HHHAAAATTTTEEEEE winter. ESPECIALLY post-holidays because that very thin silver lining is completely spent the day after New Years. Now it's just going to be three months of crap - my skin in freaking out and dry, I am cold at least 50 percent of the the time, the sky is dark, the air is bad, colds, flus, a bestie of mine slips and falls on my porch on a patch of ice that I have salted a million times....I can go on forever.
But since my new years resolution is to be more positive and optimistic, and somewhat abandon the Capricorn realist in me, I am going to grit my teeth and do my best.
1. Pomegranates are in season
2. Christmas - lights, candy, presents, lots of time off
3. I get to wear all my winter furry boots
5. Tax returns
6. Snow - as in it's pretty when it is falling and everything seems quiet
7. The cold makes urban campfires that much more cozy
8. It's kind of the season of soup, and I like soup
9. I always find a new appreciation for my warm bed, Alejandro
10. It means spring is next