Monday, January 24, 2011

Woah woah woah

Hold the H up. I was looking for a solid news story that has explanation to this whole Zodiac change business. Near as I can tell (nutshell) is that a shift in the earth's axis or "wobble," in the last 3,000 years has created a new sign under the Zodiac thereby pushing back the former zodiac dates. But the new sign only applies to those born after 2009. There is a lot of other explanations out there but this one seemed to be the most pervasive. I'm not sure if that is entirely correct and I could have looked into it a little bit more. It's just that frankly it doesn't really mean that much to me since I don't live and die by my horoscope. And even if I did, good luck telling me I am not a Capricorn.

But that's not the point. As I was sniffing around trying to find some answers while trying to avoid all the hysteria I ran across this blog comment that said "This sucks! now I am just a boring normal Capricorn."

OK. Yeah, as Caps we may generally have our crap together. We are driven, ambitious, generally more practical than most and are not ruled by are emotions. We can seem aloof, tend to be realists, fall into the "boring" trap of saving money, and we don't fall in love at the drop of a hat. But damn. We are far from boring.

We may be reliable but we are also the loyalist of the signs as long as you don't piss us off (and sometimes even then). We may appear "straight-laced" but we deliver "splendor beneath the sheets." We may be no-nonsense but we posses "effortless beauty." We may not get a wild hair on a vacation and go streaking on the beach at midnight but chances are we probably own the beach house. We may work a lot, but only because "mediocrity is not an option." We may not be obsessed with love but when we find it we know its worth.

Still think we are boring? Please tell that to Katie Couric, JD Salinger, Mary J. Blige, Martin Luther King, Denzel Washington, Matt Lauer, Dolly Parton, JR Tolkin and Anthony Hopkins.

This blog post is dedicated to Latanya, Emmie, Paul, Nick, Brent and Junior H.

No comments: