Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Butterfly nets, sugar plums and kittens

I am a writer. And as a writer I sometimes use the craft to get frustrations out ....which has translated to the dozens of crazy-grumpy-old-lady-with-seven-cats-who-hates her-grandkids-neighbors-paperboy-and-the-government type rants on this blog. Like here, here and here. Oh ya and this one too.....and definitely this one. We'll stop there, but you get the point. So to counter that I am hereby declaring that I will be publicly naming something that I like or love about life for the next 100 days in the new feature 100 Days of Things I love (see right). Was this originally my idea? No. Will I be the only one who has taken on the challenge to succeed? For sure, (wink). So get ready for lambs, flowers, puppies and rainbows.....and oh ya, I'll see you in hell Craw!

10 comments:

Dave said...

Washed up, scraggly bearded me talking to the bartender:

"I've got no heart! Because a she-devil stole it. And you know what the worst part about it is? She's better than me! ... She's better than me."

Unknown said...

hahahahahahahahahahahaha
"Why are you being this way? Why can't you just be proud of me as a peer and my gentleman lover?"

amelia said...

If long, loud stretches don't make the list, we're done. I always try to mimic yours and it's just not the same.

doug said...

This is a fantastic idea. I'm going to watch closely to see how well you succeed at it, and maybe, just maybe, my own attempt will mark my return to blogging... maybe...

Unknown said...

Doug you would make me one happy girl if you would return!!!!!

Kyle said...

I'm not sure the world is ready for this, but let's do it! I'm very excited to see what makes the list (I've got 10 bucks on starbursts found on the ground and a certain lady senator with gray hair and a caboose that won't quit).

Unknown said...

Erin....her hair is WHITE dammit...and she is more a lady than any of us can ever hope to be!!!!!!!

Joe said...

Um, shouldn't you have, like, three days worth of things you love by now? Maybe for your first day, if/when you start, you can love friends who remind you to follow your goals of listing 100 things you love.

I guess that would be... me, then, wouldn't it?

Wow. Day 1 — done.

P.S. I am hilarious

Joe said...

Oh. Crap. Nevermind. I thought you were blogging this crap. Nevermind. Never-freaking-mind.

Geez.

amelia said...

Tiff, you need to put these in a permanent list - I've missed days 2-6!